English 中文 Français Deutsch Italiano 日本語 Português Русский Español|
CONTACT (USA) 435 658 2227 Email International phone numbers
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – Please Read The Precautions We Are Taking
Tour doesn't run this month.
One Day Yellowstone tour (fly there, drive back)
Day 1 - Salt Lake City to Yellowstone - About 1.25 hours
| ||Our one day Yellowstone tour is an opportunity for you to take in the best that the world's first national park has to offer. This tour begins at the Salt Lake City International Airport, from where you will fly to Yellowstone. Your guide will be waiting for you when you land, and you will be inside the park literally within minutes of landing!|
| ||Like all our tours, this is almost always a small group trip. The vehicle used generally has between nine and 14 seats. Our guides are skilled in the geology, customs, traditions, history and people of the areas through which you travel – feel free to ask all and any questions!|
Day 1 - Yellowstone - About 3 hours, 15 minutes
|The roads running through Yellowstone make up a massive figure of eight. The lower loop of the figure of eight comprises most of the thermal features (geysers, hot springs, mud pots and fumaroles) that are to be seen in Yellowstone, including, of course, Old Faithful! These are Yellowstone's main attractions, and this, plus wildlife, is what we will be focusing on today.|
We frequently get asked how often we stop inside Yellowstone. Basically we stop any time there is something to see or do, or any time there is a picture to be taken! This means that you spend a lot of time outside the vehicle, walking around, shooting images, and touring the various geyser basins and other sights on foot, rather than sitting in the vehicle all the time. Having said that, if you would rather stay closer to the vehicle, you can almost always see much of what there is to be seen without having to go too far. This tour does not involve any hiking, but rather walking around the great sights.
From West Yellowstone we'll follow the Madison River to Madison Junction. At Madison Junction we will turn right, or south, and travel along the Firehole River which runs through Yellowstone's thermal areas. The Firehole is famous amongst anglers for its pristine beauty and selection of brown, brook and rainbow trout. Depending on the time of the year, this area is often teeming with wildlife. With any luck you will see bison, elk, Trumpeter Swans and other animals and birds. A special treat in the spring is the baby bison calves.
|The first main thermal area we will be visiting is the Lower Geyser Basin, and Fountain Paint Pot. There is an extensive boardwalk system running around and through the Fountain Paint Pot area, and it is a great place to go for a stroll, if the bison haven't got there first! Apart from the paint pots, there is also a selection of other thermal features in the area, including a number of geysers, one or other of which almost always seems to be erupting.|
| ||The next stop is the Midway Geyser Basin, home to Grand Prismatic Spring - one of the largest anywhere in the world - plus Excelsior Geyser, now dormant, but discharging thousands of gallons of water every minute. There is also a boardwalk system through this Basin, and you will be able to explore all of it.|
Day 1 - Return to West Yellowstone - 32 mi / 51.49 km - About 1 hours, 15 minutes
|Depending on how long we spend at each location, other areas we may visit include Firehole Drive, Biscuit Basin, Fountain Flats and Black Sand Basin. |
We will now retrace our steps, traveling through the various geyser basins again, stopping on the way at Firehole Lake Drive, a less visited part of the park that is home to some great hot springs and geysers. Geysers that we hope to be able to show you erupting here include White Dome as well as a couple of very small geysers.
| ||Please be aware that park entry is not included on this tour, and you will need to pay it on arrival.|
Day 1 - West Yellowstone to Rexburg - 83 mi / 133.55 km - About 1 hours, 20 minutes
|You will now be taken from West Yellowstone to Rexburg in Idaho, where there will be a short wait for the shuttle back to Salt Lake City.|
| ||The shuttle departs at about 6 p.m., arriving at the Salt Lake City airport by about 10.30 p.m.|
Day 1 - Rexburg to Salt Lake - 241 mi / 387.77 km - About 4 hours, 30 minutes
|Please be aware that this part of the trip is unescorted. What this means is that although you obviously have a driver with you, there is no tour guide, the way there was when you were inside Yellowstone. The shuttle also makes several stops along the way, at small towns.|
|Tour ID ||1368|
Please note the following...
- The days and dates this tour runs can be seen in the calendar at the top right of this page.
- We need a minimum of two people for this tour to depart. This is a total of two, and not two in your group.
- Please make sure you provide the full name of each person.
- The entry fee to Yellowstone is not included, and will need to be paid on arrival.
- All times are approximate. We are not responsible for the consequences of any delays, and this itinerary may change without notice.
- The flight to Yellowstone is included.
- After ordering this tour please wait to receive a confirmation email from us before making any plans that are dependent on this tour.
- The price includes the services of a guide/driver.
- A sack lunch is included. You will have the opportunity to buy other meals.
- Portions of this tour may, at our discretion, be sub-contracted to other reputable vendors.
- If you leave it too late to book this tour, the price may be higher, due to higher flight prices. We will always advise you ahead of time if this is the case and ask if you want to continue.
- We would rather you not bring checked luggage, but if you have to, please be aware that there are flight checked bag fees, which you will need to pay.
- Payment And Cancellation Details: CANCELLATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS TOUR. Changes will also not be accepted, and refunds will not be given. Please consider purchasing trip insurance as our cancellation policy is strictly enforced. The payment schedule is as follows: This tour has an air leg. The cost of the flight, plus half of the remaining balance will be charged any time from when you make the booking. The final balance will be charged 30 or fewer days from the tour date, at our discretion.
This tour can be ordered online here. Please call us at 1 800 724 7767 or (USA) 435 658 2227, or mail us for additional information.