English 中文 Français Deutsch Italiano 日本語 Português Русский Español|
CONTACT Toll free 1 800 724 7767 (USA) 435 658 2227 Email International phone numbers
Overnight Yellowstone Tour (Shuttle up and fly back)
Tour scheduled to run on blue dates.
| ||If you get to Salt Lake the day before the tour, please let us know if we can book your hotel for you. We can often get better rates than you can. |
This tour leaves from the Salt Lake airport and a central downtown location. We suggest staying at a hotel with free airport transportation and taking that to the airport.
Day 1 - Salt Lake City to West Yellowstone - 321 mi / 516.49 km - Between 5.25 hours and 6.75 hours
|You will take a shuttle through northern Utah, into Idaho, and eventually Montana, before arriving in West Yellowstone. There are stops at several towns along the way. The vehicle is generally a mini bus.|
Please note that today is an unescorted part of the tour. What this means is that although you obviously have a bus driver with you at all times, there is no tour guide providing a running commentary the way there is when you are in Yellowstone.
| ||When you reach West Yellowstone, you will be taken to West Yellowstone Lodge, where you will be staying. After checking in you can explore the town, take a walk through the forest into Yellowstone, go to the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center (a must see) or check out a movie at the IMAX.|
| ||This tour focuses on Yellowstone's main attractions, its thermal features - like Old Faithful and the other geysers, mud pots, hot springs and even weird things called fumaroles. Depending on the time of the year, you can also expect to see wildlife. A sack lunch is included today, which you can enjoy in the park. |
There is also the option of extending your tour in the park for an additional three hours or so, and visiting the magnificent Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone!
Day 2 - Yellowstone lower loop tour - About 8 hours
|The roads running through Yellowstone make up a massive figure of eight. The lower loop of the figure of eight comprises most of the thermal features that are to be seen in Yellowstone, including, of course, Old Faithful!|
From West Yellowstone we'll follow the Madison River to Madison Junction. At Madison Junction we will turn right, or south, and travel along the Firehole River which runs through Yellowstone's thermal areas. The Firehole is famous amongst anglers for its pristine beauty and selection of brown, brook and rainbow trout. Depending on the time of the year, this area is often teeming with wildlife. With any luck you will see bison, elk, Trumpeter Swans and other animals and birds. A special treat in the spring is the baby bison calves.
|The first main thermal area we will be visiting is the Lower Geyser Basin, and Fountain Paint Pots. There is a boardwalk system running around and through the Fountain Paint Pots area, and it is a great place to go for a stroll, if the bison haven't got there first! Apart from the paint pots, there is also a selection of other thermal features in the area, including a number of geysers, one or other of which almost always seems to be erupting.|
| ||The next stop is the Midway Geyser Basin, home to Grand Prismatic Spring - one of the largest anywhere in the world - as well as Excelsior Geyser, now dormant, but discharging thousands of gallons of water every minute.|
|The road from Old Faithful passes over the Continental Divide twice, on its way to West Thumb, a geyser basin right on the shores of the incredibly blue Yellowstone Lake.|
|Yellowstone Lake is off to the east as we make the trip up to Fishing Bridge. From there we head through the Hayden Valley, following the Yellowstone River, up to Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. On the way we will pass Mud Volcano.|
The Hayden Valley is known for its wildlife, particularly large herds of bison at certain times of the year. It is also an excellent location to look for grizzly bears, especially in the spring and early summer when they may be preying on newborn bison and elk cubs.
| ||The Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone is an unexpected treat amongst the thermal wonders. The Yellowstone River has carved an impressive canyon through the rocks, over which two falls drop. The Lower Falls is over twice the size of Niagara Falls! It is in this area that you can catch a glimpse of the yellowish tinge to the rocks, from which the Yellowstone River got its name, but at a different location. We'll check out the canyon and falls from a number of different locations. You get so close to the Upper Falls that you almost feel like you can reach out and touch the thundering water. Don't!|
| ||It is now time to go back to West Yellowstone.|
Day 2 - Spend more time at Yellowstone!
| ||You can now extend your stay in West Yellowstone. Instead of returning to Salt Lake City, you can stay as many extra nights in the Yellowstone area as you choose. Simply order that option on check out. After spending extra time in West Yellowstone, you will then travel back to Salt Lake.|
If you don't stay longer in Yellowstone, you will continue with the regular tour.
Day 2 - Flight back to Salt Lake - About 1 hours, 30 minutes
| ||After your day in the park we will take you to the airport for a flight back to Salt Lake City, where the tour ends. Please let us know if we can help you book a hotel room in Salt Lake.|
| ||We regret that no cancellations or changes will be accepted, and no refunds will be given.|
|Extend Your Stay ||You have the option of extending your stay at certain locations during the tour.|
West Yellowstone: +$150.00 per guest, per night
|Tour ID ||1135|
Please note the following...
- This tour is subject to a $12.00 per person fuel surcharge.
- Payment And Cancellation Details: CANCELLATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS TOUR. Changes will also not be accepted, and refunds will not be given. Please consider purchasing trip insurance as our cancellation policy is strictly enforced. The payment schedule is as follows: This tour has an air leg. The cost of the flight, plus half of the remaining balance will be charged any time from when you make the booking. The final balance will be charged 30 or fewer days from the tour date, at our discretion.
- The credit/debit card used must be in your name and must be present, so we can take an imprint. Please contact us if this is not possible. Please ensure you have the card you used with you. If the card is not in your name please let us know ahead of time, as our credit card authorization process will need to be completed.
- A purported or attempted cancellation will result in the entire amount being due, and being charged to your card immediately.
- The name on your credit card statement will be USA Park Tours.
- The days and dates this tour runs can be seen in the calendar at the top right of this page.
- The entry fee to Yellowstone is included.
- All times are approximate. We are not responsible for the consequences of any delays, and this itinerary may change without notice.
- One nights lodging is included at Yellowstone Self Catering Lodging in West Yellowstone. If lodging there is sold out, you will stay at a moderate category motel in West Yellowstone.
- Prices are based on double occupancy. Single, triple and quad occupancy rates are also available and will be seen at check out. There is no tax. The price assumes you book at least three weeks from the tour date. Higher air fares may result in a higher price if you do not do so.
- This tour may require a minimum of five people to operate. That is not five in your group, but a total of five. Please consider The Best Yellowstone Tour, which does not have this minimum.
- After ordering this tour please wait to receive a confirmation email from us before making any plans that are dependent on this tour.
- The price includes the services of a guide/driver and transportation.
- One sack lunch is the only meal included.
- Portions of this tour may be sub-contracted to other reputable vendors.
- There will be a checked luggage fee on the flight which you will need to pay.
This tour can be ordered online here. Please call us at 1 800 724 7767 or (USA) 435 658 2227, or mail us for additional information.