English 中文 Français Deutsch Italiano 日本語 Português Русский Español|
CONTACT Toll free 1 800 724 7767 (USA) 435 658 2227 Email International phone numbers
Overnight Zion Tour From Las Vegas
Tour scheduled to run on blue dates.
| ||Like all Bundu Bashers tours, this is a small group trip. The vehicle used generally has between nine and 13 seats. The guides are skilled in the geology, customs, traditions, history and people of the areas through which you travel – feel free to ask all and any questions!|
Day 1 - Las Vegas to St. George - 123 mi / 197.91 km - About 2 hours
|We will travel north up Interstate 15, leaving Las Vegas and its bright lights behind. You may be surprised to learn that Las Vegas is actually in the middle of a desert, which we come to as soon as we depart town. |
After passing through the small casino town of Mesquite, on the Nevada Arizona border, we cross into the desolate Arizona Strip, before heading up the Virgin River Gorge and into Utah. Much of the route is scenic, and we may stop briefly in the Gorge to take pictures. There will be a comfort stop at either the small southern Utah town of St. George, or the even smaller one of Hurricane.
Day 1 - St. George to Zion - 41 mi / 65.97 km - About 45 minutes
|The Interstate is left behind just outside St. George, at the turn off to the small town of Hurricane, as we travel through really picturesque scenery, and a number of tiny towns, on the way to Zion National Park.|
Day 1 - Zion National Park - Rest of the day
| ||The motel you are staying at is in the town of Springdale, which literally borders the park, and we will stop there very briefly to drop off your luggage, before heading into Zion.|
One of the beauties of Zion is the free shuttle system. It was introduced by the Park Service a few years ago to try and preserve the park's natural beauty, which was being spoiled by pollution, crowds, noise and the large number of cars in the park. Zion is Utah's most popular park, attracting more visitors than all the other parks put together, and the numbers were threatening to overwhelm the pristine beauty.
What the Park Service did was close down the most popular road into Zion, where all the worst congestion was. This became off limits to everything except Park Service vehicles. They then established a dual shuttle system: one route picks up people in Springdale and takes them to the Visitor Center just inside Zion. The second departs from the Visitor Center, and travels through the park, into the area from which most vehicles are now banned. The end result is that you get to explore Zion in a much more natural fashion.
| ||Unlike so many of the other great parks we go to, to really appreciate Zion you need to spend some time exploring it, walking it and perhaps even doing some of the hikes. Our guide will explain to you how the shuttle system works, where to go, and the best places to see and visit in Zion. You will be dropped off at the Visitor Center, where the free shuttle service departs from. From now until tomorrow evening you are on your own to explore Zion.|
| ||We provide a sack lunch today, and you can take it with you as you set off to explore the park. We suggest you spend a bit of time at the Visitor Center before leaving, chatting to the rangers who can give you additional, more detailed, information about the park.|
Zion is a great place to visit, but there are dangers as well, and you need to be aware of your environment. Discuss these with your guide and the rangers. Please make sure you have a good pair of walking shoes and carry lots of water. A walking stick, which you can get at the park, also comes in handy.
| ||There is also the opportunity of going horseback riding either today or tomorrow. You can either take a one hour ride along the Virgin River, or enjoy a half day ride which rises along the Sandbench Trail, giving a spectacular view of the southern part of Zion. While the times are subject to change, the one hour ride generally departs at 9.30 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m. and 3.30 p.m.. The half day trip leaves at 9 a.m. and 1.30 p.m. Please note that there is a 220 pound (100 kg) weight limit. You must be at least seven years old for the one hour ride, and 10 for the half day ride.|
At the end of the day you can take the shuttle back to your motel, or even walk there, if you still feel like some exercise. You are on your own for dinner.
Day 2 - More Zion! - All day!
| ||There are many quaint little places to grab yourself some breakfast in Springdale today, before taking the free shuttle back into the park. You have the whole day to explore Zion, which is really a hiker's paradise.|
Chat to some of the locals, or the rangers, or do some research before you arrive, so you know where to go and which of the hikes to take. We are also happy to help you. Just email us and we can offer some suggestions.
Day 2 - Extend your stay at Zion National Park
| ||Rather than continuing with the tour below, you can now spend one or more extra nights at Zion. Simply order that option on check out.|
Day 2 - Zion to St. George - 41 mi / 65.97 km - About 45 minutes
|From Zion we will wind our way to Interstate 15 and the main road back to Vegas, which goes through St. George.|
Day 2 - St. George to Las Vegas - 123 mi / 197.91 km - About two hours
|Leaving St. George, we travel down the picturesque Virgin River Gorge. We will pass through Mesquite, a casino town on the Arizona Nevada border, before driving across the desert and back to the bright lights of Las Vegas.|
| ||We regret that no cancellations or changes will be accepted, and no refunds will be given.|
|Extend Your Stay ||You have the option of extending your stay at certain locations during the tour.|
Zion: +$95.00 per guest, per night
|Tour ID ||1122|
Please note the following...
- Payment And Cancellation Details: CANCELLATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS TOUR. Changes will also not be accepted, and refunds will not be given. Please consider purchasing trip insurance as our cancellation policy is strictly enforced. The payment schedule is as follows: Half of the total will be charged any time from when you make the booking. The other half will be charged 30 or fewer days from the tour date, at our discretion.
- The credit/debit card used must be in your name and must be present, so we can take an imprint. Please contact us if this is not possible. Please ensure you have the card you used with you. If the card is not in your name please let us know ahead of time, as our credit card authorization process will need to be completed.
- A purported or attempted cancellation will result in the entire amount being due, and being charged to your card immediately.
- The name on your credit card statement will be USA Park Tours.
- The days and dates this tour operates can be seen in the calendar at the top right of this page.
- As detailed above, this tour is partially unescorted. This means that you do not have a guide with you at all times.
- This tour picks up and drops off on the Strip. If you are staying elsewhere please keep your taxi or bus receipt, and we will reimburse you a maximum of $10 against the receipt.
- Prices are based on double occupancy. Single, triple and quad options are available, and can be seen at check out. There are no taxes.
- After ordering this tour please wait to receive a confirmation email from us before making any plans that are dependent on this tour.
- All times are approximate. We are not responsible for the consequences of any delays, and this itinerary may change without notice.
- The vehicles we use are mini buses or vans with individual, high back, reclining seats.
- The entry fee to Zion is included.
- One night's lodging is included, in a moderate category hotel. Upgrades are available.
- One sack lunch is the only meal included.
- Hiking in the wilderness or back country of Zion can be dangerous. Please speak to the back country rangers, and thoroughly research what you are going to do.
- There is a 220 pound (100 kg) weight limit for the horseback riding. You must be at least seven years old for the one hour ride, and 10 for the half day ride.
- Should any activity, event or destination be omitted the only amount we will be refunding is the actual cost to us of that item. We will not in any way be liable for any other amounts.
- If you intend doing any walking around, we recommend that you bring a good pair of walking shoes with you, with ankle supports.
This tour can be ordered online here. Please call us at 1 800 724 7767 or (USA) 435 658 2227, or mail us for additional information.