English 中文 Français Deutsch Italiano 日本語 Português Русский Español|
CONTACT (USA) 435 658 2227 Email International phone numbers
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – Please Read The Precautions We Are Taking
Tour scheduled to run on blue dates.
One Day Yellowstone bus tour
| ||Like all our tours, this is almost always a small group trip. The vehicle used generally has between nine and 14 seats. Our guides are skilled in the geology, customs, traditions, history and people of the areas through which you travel – feel free to ask all and any questions!|
Day 1 - Salt Lake City to West Yellowstone - 321 mi / 516.49 km - About 5.25 hours
|The route to Yellowstone goes up Interstate 15, past the Great Salt Lake and the Wasatch Mountains, before entering Idaho. At Idaho Falls you will leave the freeway behind, and start making your way through rural parts of the state. About 10 miles (16 kilometres) from West Yellowstone you go over the Continental Divide and into Montana.|
| ||When we get to West Yellowstone we will stop to get your sack lunches, before making our way into the world's first national park, and possibly the most unique!|
Day 1 - Yellowstone - About 3 hours, 15 minutes
|The roads running through Yellowstone make up a massive figure of eight. The lower loop of the figure of eight comprises most of the thermal features (geysers, hot springs, mud pots and fumaroles) that are to be seen in Yellowstone, including, of course, Old Faithful! These are Yellowstone's main attractions, and this, plus wildlife, is what we will be focusing on today.|
We frequently get asked how often we stop inside Yellowstone. Basically we stop any time there is something to see or do, or any time there is a picture to be taken! This means that you spend a lot of time outside the vehicle, walking around, shooting images, and touring the various geyser basins and other sights on foot, rather than sitting in the vehicle all the time. Having said that, if you would rather stay closer to the vehicle, you can almost always see much of what there is to be seen without having to go too far. This tour does not involve any hiking, but rather walking around the great sights.
From West Yellowstone we'll follow the Madison River to Madison Junction. At Madison Junction we will turn right, or south, and travel along the Firehole River which runs through Yellowstone's thermal areas. The Firehole is famous amongst anglers for its pristine beauty and selection of brown, brook and rainbow trout. Depending on the time of the year, this area is often teeming with wildlife. With any luck you will see bison, elk, Trumpeter Swans and other animals and birds. A special treat in the spring is the baby bison calves.
|The first main thermal area we will be visiting is the Lower Geyser Basin, and Fountain Paint Pot. There is an extensive boardwalk system running around and through the Fountain Paint Pot area, and it is a great place to go for a stroll, if the bison haven't got there first! Apart from the paint pots, there is also a selection of other thermal features in the area, including a number of geysers, one or other of which almost always seems to be erupting.|
| ||The next stop is the Midway Geyser Basin, home to Grand Prismatic Spring - one of the largest anywhere in the world - plus Excelsior Geyser, now dormant, but discharging thousands of gallons of water every minute. There is also a boardwalk system through this Basin, and you will be able to explore all of it.|
Day 1 - Return to West Yellowstone - 32 mi / 51.49 km - About 1 hours, 15 minutes
|Depending on how long we spend at each location, other areas we may visit include Firehole Drive, Biscuit Basin, Fountain Flats and Black Sand Basin. |
We will now retrace our steps, traveling through the various geyser basins again, stopping on the way at Firehole Lake Drive, a less visited part of the park that is home to some great hot springs and geysers. Geysers that we hope to be able to show you erupting here include White Dome as well as a couple of very small geysers.
| ||Please be aware that park entry is not included on this tour, and you will need to pay it on arrival.|
Day 1 - West Yellowstone to Salt Lake City - 321 mi / 516.49 km - About 5.25 hours
|The return trip to Salt Lake City goes through Montana and Idaho, and then back into Utah. There will be a couple of comfort stops along the way. The tour ends in the downtown Salt Lake City area. Please let us know if we can book your lodging for you anywhere in downtown Salt Lake, either before or after the tour. We can generally get a better price than you. Thanks for joining us!|
| ||We regret that no cancellations or changes will be accepted, and no refunds will be given.|
|Tour ID ||1220|
Please note the following...
- If you have more than 10 people in your group, please contact us for a group rate.
- Payment And Cancellation Details: CANCELLATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS TOUR. Changes will also not be accepted, and refunds will not be given. Please consider purchasing trip insurance as our cancellation policy is strictly enforced. Your card will be charged within 12 hours of making the booking. The credit/debit card used must be in your name and must be present, so we can take an imprint. Please contact us if this is not possible. Please ensure you have the card you used with you. If the card is not in your name please let us know ahead of time, as our credit card authorization process will need to be completed.
- The name on your credit card statement will be USA Park Tours.
- The days and dates this tour runs can be seen in the calendar at the top right of this page.
- A minimum $25 per person guide gratuity is required. After your tour, if you are not happy with the service, this will be refunded.
- This tour has a four person minimum. This means a total of four, and not four in your group alone.
- The entry fee to Yellowstone is not included, and will need to be paid on arrival.
- One sack lunch is the only meal provided. There will be opportunities to buy food throughout the day.
- All times are approximate. We are not responsible for the consequences of any delays, and this itinerary may change without notice.
- After ordering this tour please wait to receive a confirmation email from us before making any plans that are dependent on this tour.
- The price includes the services of a guide/driver.
- Portions of this tour may, at our discretion, be sub-contracted to other reputable vendors.
- Depending on the day, this tour departs Salt Lake City any time between about 5 a.m. and 6.15 a.m.
- On some days, a shuttle will take you back part of the way, from Rexburg to Salt Lake City, possibly making a few stops along the way.
- Please do not bring any luggage with you.
- The vehicle used is almost always a small mini bus, or an executive van, which is a van with individual, high back, reclining seats. On very rare occasions a 24 passenger mini bus, or coach, may be used.
- If there is bad weather in the Yellowstone region we reserve the right to cancel the tour at any time, and refund your money.
This tour can be ordered online here. Please call us at 1 800 724 7767 or (USA) 435 658 2227, or mail us for additional information.