English 中文 Français Deutsch Italiano 日本語 Português Русский Español|
CONTACT Toll free 1 800 724 7767 (USA) 435 658 2227 Email International phone numbers
Yellowstone Tour From Salt Lake: 24 hours
Tour scheduled to run on blue dates.
| ||This tour is designed for those who really want to see Yellowstone, but have very limited time to do so. |
On this 24 hour Yellowstone tour you can be back in Salt Lake, from Yellowstone, only 24 hours from the time you left! In other words, you can leave Salt Lake as late as 10.30 p.m. on the first night, and spend the night at an Idaho hotel. The second day is spent touring Yellowstone's lower loop, and that afternoon you start making you way back to Salt Lake as soon as you get out of the park. You will be back in Salt Lake by about 9.15 p.m. on the second day.
Although you can depart Salt Lake as late as 10 p.m., we suggest you plan your flight so you leave the Salt Lake airport no later than 6 p.m. If you depart later than 6 p.m. you won't get much sleep that night! Shuttle departure times:
10 a.m. (all the way to West Yellowstone today). 12 p.m. 1.30 p.m. 3 p.m. 4.30 p.m. 6 p.m. 8.30 p.m. 10.30 p.m.
Travel time is about 4.5 hours.
Please note your flight arrival time in the comments section, when you check out.
Day 1 - Salt Lake City to Rexburg - 239 mi / 384.55 km - About 4 hours, 30 minutes
|You will take a shuttle through northern Utah and into Idaho, before being dropped off at your motel in Rexburg, where you will spend the night. There are stops at several towns along the way. The vehicle is generally a mini bus. Breakfast tomorrow morning is included in the tour price.|
Please note that today is an unescorted part of the tour. What this means is that although you obviously have a bus driver with you at all times, there is no tour guide providing a running commentary the way there is when you are in Yellowstone.
Day 2 - Rexburg to West Yellowstone - 81 mi / 130.33 km - About 1.5 hours
|You will be picked up from your hotel shortly after 6 a.m., and travel through rural Idaho, before ascending into the Targhee National Forest. After climbing up over the Continental Divide and into Montana, you will make the short drive to West Yellowstone, arriving a little before 8 a.m.|
| ||Shortly after you reach West Yellowstone you will head into the park for your tour. A sack lunch is included in the tour price today. You can select lunch options at check out. Please note that the Yellowstone park entry is excluded and you will need to pay this when entering the park. The cost is $15 per person.|
Day 2 - Yellowstone tour - Five to 5.5 hours
|Yellowstone's famous geysers, including Old Faithful, are to be found in the lower loop of the park, and this is where you'll be touring today. From West Yellowstone we'll follow the Madison River to Madison Junction. Depending on the time of the year, this area often has a lot of wildlife. With any luck you may see bison, elk, Trumpeter Swans and other animals and birds.|
|At Madison Junction we will turn right, or south, and follow the Firehole River which runs through the thermal areas of Yellowstone. |
The first main thermal area we will be visiting is the Lower Geyser Basin, and Fountain Paint Pots. There is a boardwalk system running around and through the Fountain Paint Pots area, and you'll take a short stroll there. Apart from the paint pots, there are other thermal features in the area, including a number of geysers.
| ||The next stop is the Midway Geyser Basin, home to Grand Prismatic Spring - one of the largest anywhere in the world - as well as Excelsior Geyser.|
| ||We'll now retrace our steps and start making our way back to West Yellowstone, but your adventure is far from over. Depending on how long we have had to wait for Old Faithful to erupt, we will try and take in a selection of the following.|
Biscuit Basin and Black Sand Basin are really close to each other, and while they are not as well known as the three geyser basins you have already visited, they also have some spectacular sights. We will try and wander around at least one of them.
You also never know when you may run into wildlife.
| ||Firehole Lake Drive has some really interesting features, including some small geysers that always seem to be erupting! Time permitting, we'll take a drive down here as well, before returning to West Yellowstone.|
Day 2 - West Yellowstone to Rexburg - 83 mi / 133.55 km - About 1 hours, 20 minutes
|You will now be taken from West Yellowstone to Rexburg in Idaho, where there will be a short wait for the shuttle back to Salt Lake City.|
| ||The shuttle departs at about 4.30 p.m., arriving at the Salt Lake City airport by about 9.15 p.m. There is also a drop off opposite Temple Square in the downtown Salt Lake area a little later.|
Day 2 - Rexburg to Salt Lake - 241 mi / 387.77 km - About 4 hours, 30 minutes
|Please be aware that this part of the trip is unescorted. What this means is that although you obviously have a driver with you, there is no tour guide, the way there was when you were inside Yellowstone. The shuttle also makes several stops along the way, at small towns.|
|Tour ID ||1364|
Please note the following...
- The days and dates this tour runs can be seen in the calendar at the top right of this page.
- Park entry is excluded.
- The park entry fee to Yellowstone is excluded. You will need to pay this locally. It is currently $15 per person.
- One night's accommodation is included at the Rexburg Americinn.
- Prices are based on double occupancy. Single, triple and quad occupancy rates are also available and will be seen at checkout. There is no tax.
- The price includes the services of a guide/driver and transportation.
- One sack lunch and one hotel breakfast are the the only meals included.
- This tour has a two person minimum. That is two in total and not two in your group.
- The shuttle departs Salt Lake as detailed in the tour description. You will be back in Salt Lake by about 9.15 p.m.
- All times are approximate. We are not responsible for the consequences of any delays, and this itinerary may change without notice.
- Portions of this tour are sub-contracted to other reputable vendors.
- After ordering this tour please wait to receive a confirmation email from us before making any plans that are dependent on this tour.
- Payment And Cancellation Details: Bookings may be cancelled at any time up until 45 days prior to the start of the tour, and you will get a full refund. After that time, we will not accept a cancellation and you will have to pay for the tour in full. Please consider purchasing trip insurance as our cancellation policy is strictly enforced. Half the cost of the tour will be charged to your card any time from 45 days prior to the start of the tour, and the balance will be charged any time from 10 days prior to the start of the tour.
This tour can be ordered online here. Please call us at 1 800 724 7767 or (USA) 435 658 2227, or mail us for additional information.