English 中文 Français Deutsch Italiano 日本語 Português Русский Español|
CONTACT Toll free 1 800 724 7767 (USA) 435 658 2227 Email International phone numbers
Overnight Grand Canyon Tour
Tour scheduled to run on all dates this month.
Day 1 - Las Vegas to Hoover Dam - 33 mi / 53.1 km - About 45 minutes
|We'll leave the bright lights of Vegas in the rear view mirror as we depart town. The route to the Grand Canyon takes us past both Lake Mead and Hoover Dam. A bridge has been built over the Colorado River, and this road bypasses Hoover Dam. Because of this, some tours that go out to the Grand Canyon may no longer stop there for a photo opportunity.|
Day 1 - Hoover Dam to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon - 244 mi / 392.6 km - About 3.5 hours
|Leaving Hoover Dam we travel through the desert, before arriving in the small Arizona town of Kingman, where we pick up the freeway towards the Grand Canyon. At Williams, Arizona, we head north for about 50 miles (80 kilometres), towards the South Rim.|
Day 1 - Grand Canyon - Rest of today and tomorrow
| ||The first major stop at the Grand Canyon is at Mather Point, which is the deepest part of the Grand Canyon. From there you will be taken to Bright Angel Lodge, where many of the shops, restaurants and lodges are. We always try and reserve a room at Bright Angel Lodge, which is at the rim. Depending on how late you book, this is often not possible, and we may book you at either Maswik Lodge, which is about a quarter mile (0.4 km) from the rim, or Yavapai Lodge, which is less than half a mile (0.75 km) from the rim, on the free shuttle route.|
If you are not staying at Bright Angel you can take the free shuttle to your lodge. It runs about every 15 minutes.
| ||You are now on your own to explore the Grand Canyon. The hotels inside the Grand Canyon are all within walking distance of the rim, so it is easy to get around. If you prefer not to walk you can take the free shuttle service, operated by the National Park Service, instead. This runs around the South Rim for much of the year.|
Day 1 - Spend more time at the Grand Canyon!
| ||It is possible to extend your stay at the Grand Canyon and spend more nights there. Instead of leaving the Canyon tomorrow, you can spend as much extra time there as you like. When you order the tour, you will see an option to add extra nights at the Grand Canyon. Simply add as many additional nights as you choose.|
Day 2 - Second day at the Grand Canyon!
| ||Depending on what time you like to wake up, you have got quite a bit of time again this morning to take in the sights and walk around. Please be ready to be picked up at about 3.30 p.m. at Bright Angel Lodge. This is subject to change and we do request that you give us a call in the morning (this is a free call to a toll free number) to get an updated time. Once again, if you are not staying at Bright Angel, you will need to take the free shuttle back there. You can leave your luggage at Bright Angel Lodge for a nominal fee.|
Day 2 - Grand Canyon to Las Vegas - 277 mi / 445.69 km - About 5 hours, 30 minutes
|The coach heads south out of the Grand Canyon, and at the small town of Williams picks up the freeway going west. There is a short comfort stop in Kingman, in the middle of the desert, before traveling north, towards Hoover Dam.|
It is a relatively short drive from Hoover Dam to Las Vegas where drop offs take place at most Strip hotels.
|Extend Your Stay ||You have the option of extending your stay at certain locations during the tour.|
Grand Canyon: +$125.00 per guest, per night
|Tour ID ||1117|
Please note the following...
- The days and dates this tour runs can be seen in the calendar at the top right of this page.
- This is a partially unescorted tour. What this means is that you obviously have a driver to take you to and from the Grand Canyon, and you will be given a short tour of the Canyon on the way in, but you are on your own to explore the Canyon from the time you are dropped off until you get picked up the next day.
- Because of possible security issues at Hoover Dam, no checked type luggage may be taken on the coach.
- After ordering this tour please wait to receive a confirmation email from us before making any plans that are dependent on this tour.
- Pick ups in Las Vegas take place on the Strip. If you are staying elsewhere please take a bus or taxi and you will be reimbursed a maximum of $10 against the receipt.
- This tour drops off on the Strip.
- The Grand Canyon entry fee is included.
- All times are approximate. We are not responsible for the consequences of any delays, and this itinerary may change without notice.
- One night's lodging inside the Grand Canyon is included, but please be aware that lodging inside the Grand Canyon sells out quickly. The preferred property is Yavapai Lodge.
- There are no taxes.
- The vehicle could be any of a large coach, mini bus or executive van (van with individual, high back, reclining seats).
- Portions of this tour may be operated by a contractor.
- It happens very rarely, but it is possible that bad weather, dangerous conditions or some other unforeseen event may result in the cancellation or postponement of this tour. Should this occur, the only amount we will refund is the actual cost of the tour.
- Payment And Cancellation Details: This reservation may be cancelled any time up until 45 days prior to the tour date for a full refund. After that time, we will not accept a cancellation and you will have to pay for the tour in full. Please consider purchasing trip insurance as our cancellation policy is very strictly enforced. An amount equal to our charge for the Grand Canyon lodging will be charged to your card at the time we process your order. Half the balance of the tour will be charged to your card any time from 45 days prior to the start of the tour, and the remainder will be charged any time from 10 days prior to the start of the tour.
This tour can be ordered online here. Please call us at 1 800 724 7767 or (USA) 435 658 2227, or mail us for additional information.