English 中文 Français Deutsch Italiano 日本語 Português Русский Español|
CONTACT Toll free 1 800 724 7767 (USA) 435 658 2227 Email International phone numbers
Grand Canyon Bus Tour From Los Angeles
Tour scheduled to run on blue dates.
Day 1 - Los Angeles to Las Vegas bus - 275 mi / 442.48 km - About 6 hours, 15 minutes
|Please get yourself to one of the pick up locations in downtown Los Angeles. They are listed towards the bottom of this page.|
You will head east across Los Angeles, before picking up Interstate 15, and driving north across the San Bernardino mountains, and through the desert. As you drop down the hill into Vegas the casinos and mega hotels start coming into view. As you will notice from the itinerary, today's trip is unescorted. What this means is that there is no tour guide with you, only the bus driver.
| ||You will be dropped off at your hotel, or one that is next to it or across the road, and are free for the rest of the day and night! Consider taking a helicopter tour of the Strip, or simply walk up and down the Strip, checking out the lights and action.|
Hotels in Las Vegas are a lot more expensive on the weekend. Please remember to purchase the weekend surcharge on check out if you are staying on one or both of those nights.
You will be picked up at about 6 a.m. tomorrow morning, for the tour to the Grand Canyon.
Day 1 - Resort fee
|As of early 2013, all Las Vegas Strip hotels started charging a resort fee, including those that never used to. This resort fee is a way that they make extra money. We cannot pay this resort fee in advance for you, AND YOU WILL NEED TO PAY IT YOURSELF ON CHECK IN. Please take this into account when making your plans.|
Day 2 - Las Vegas to Hoover Dam - 33 mi / 53.1 km - About 45 minutes
|We'll leave the bright lights of Vegas in the rear view mirror as we depart town. The route to the Grand Canyon takes us past both Lake Mead and Hoover Dam.|
Day 2 - Hoover Dam
| ||A new bridge has been built, bypassing Hoover Dam. Because of this most tours now do not stop to take pictures of the Dam.|
Day 2 - Hoover Dam to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon - 244 mi / 392.6 km - About 3 3/4 hours
|Leaving Hoover Dam we travel through the desert, before arriving in the small Arizona town of Kingman, where we pick up the freeway towards the Grand Canyon. At Williams, Arizona, we head north for about 50 miles (80 kilometres), towards the South Rim.|
Day 2 - Grand Canyon - About three hours
| ||The first major stop at the Grand Canyon is at Mather Point (the deepest part of the Canyon), from where you can also stroll to the Visitor Center. Yavapai Point (the widest part of the Canyon) has been closed to big bus traffic, but if you choose to walk, you can check it out. |
The coach will continue on to Bright Angel Lodge, where you can gaze out over the Canyon, enjoying the spectacular views. There is plenty to see and do, including walking around the rim, taking photographs, visiting the museum and simply admiring the incredible views.
There are buildings of historical significance here, particularly those designed by Mary Colter, who conceived so many of the great National Parks buildings of the early 20th Century. It is only a short walk to Hopi House, the Indian Art Museum and gift shop. A light lunch is provided at the Grand Canyon.
| ||While at the Canyon you can take an optional 25 to 30 minute helicopter tour of the Canyon. This can be ordered at check out.|
Day 2 - Grand Canyon to Las Vegas - 277 mi / 445.69 km - About 5 hours, 30 minutes
|The coach heads south out of the Grand Canyon, and at the small town of Williams picks up the freeway going west. There is a short comfort stop in Kingman, in the middle of the desert, before traveling north, towards Hoover Dam.|
It is a relatively short drive from Hoover Dam to Las Vegas where drop offs take place at most Strip hotels.
| ||You are once again free to spend the night as you choose. Please be careful about booking show tickets too early tonight. The time the bus gets back can vary a lot, depending on traffic and road conditions.|
Please feel free to sleep in tomorrow morning, as the bus back to LA only leaves shortly after midday.
Day 2 - Spend extra time in Sin City!
| ||If you want to, you are welcome to extend your stay in Las Vegas by as many nights as you choose! This option can be ordered on check out. Please bear in mind that weekends, holidays and convention period nights are more expensive. The way that it works is that you would spend as many extra nights in Vegas as you want, and then continue the tour the following day.|
Day 3 - Las Vegas to Los Angeles bus - 275 mi / 442.48 km - About 6 hours, 15 minutes
| ||As you will notice from the itinerary, today's trip is unescorted. What this means is that there is no tour guide on the bus, only the driver. |
The approximate arrival times and drop off areas in Los Angeles are:
8:00pm East Los Angeles:
(Located in Futura Travel office)
5201 E Olympic Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90022
8:30pm Downtown Los Angeles:
On the corner of 8th and Maple (with the entrance on the Maple side)
767 Maple Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90014
Day 3 - Sorry ... no cancellations accepted!
| ||Please note that no cancellations or changes will be accepted, and no refunds will be given.|
|Available Options ||Surcharge for a Friday, Saturday or holiday night in Vegas (minimum two person charge per night): +$40.00|
|Extend Your Stay ||You have the option of extending your stay at certain locations during the tour.|
Las Vegas (weekends, holidays, big convention periods subject to a surcharge): +$75.00 per guest, per night
|Tour ID ||1183|
Please note the following...
- Payment And Cancellation Details: CANCELLATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS TOUR. Changes will also not be accepted, and refunds will not be given. Please consider purchasing trip insurance as our cancellation policy is strictly enforced. The payment schedule is as follows: Half of the total will be charged any time from when you make the booking. The other half will be charged 30 or fewer days from the tour date, at our discretion.
- The credit/debit card used must be in your name and must be present, so we can take an imprint. Please contact us if this is not possible. Please ensure you have the card you used with you. If the card is not in your name please let us know ahead of time, as our credit card authorization process will need to be completed.
- A purported or attempted cancellation will result in the entire amount being due, and being charged to your card immediately.
- The name on your credit card statement will be USA Park Tours.
- The days and dates this tour operates can be seen in the calendar at the top right of this page.
- The entry fee to the Grand Canyon is included.
- Two nights' accommodation are included, at a minimum three star hotel on the famous Strip. If these fall over a weekend, convention or holiday period, a higher price may apply.
- Prices are based on double occupancy. SIngle, triple and quad occupancy rates are also available and can be seen at checkout. There are no taxes.
- Please advise if there is not at least one person 21 or older in each room. Most Vegas hotels require this.
- After ordering this tour please wait to receive a confirmation email from us before making any plans that are dependent on this tour.
- The vehicle is generally a coach with a restroom. The Grand Canyon tour from Vegas may occasionally be in a mini bus or van with individual. high back, reclining seats.
- A light lunch is included at the Grand Canyon.
- Portions of this tour are subcontracted to other reputable vendors.
- Tour departure details are: 7.20 a.m. Downtown Los Angeles: On the corner of 8th and Maple (with the entrance on the Maple side). 767 Maple Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90014
- 7.45 a.m. East Los Angeles: 5201 E Olympic Blvd (Futura Travel office). Los Angeles, CA 90022
- There are actually three departures during the day. If you do not let us know in the comments section which one you want, we will assume it is the first. The other two are: 1:00pm Downtown Los Angeles, CA ; and 1:30pm East Los Angeles, CA
- 6:30pm Downtown Los Angeles, CA; and 7:00pm East Los Angeles, CA
- Please note that on some Tuesdays and Wednesdays the earliest departure may not be available, and the 1 p.m. bus may be the first on those two days.
- This tour returns to the Los Angeles locations shown above. Please let us know if we can arrange a van service for you.
- All times are approximate. We are not responsible for the consequences of any delays, and this itinerary may change without notice.
- Please note that in the winter months snow or other bad weather may result in tour itineraries being changed without notice, or even tours being canceled in extreme weather. Should a cancellation occur the only amount we will refund is the cost of the portion of the tour that is canceled, or a refund of the entire tour price if the tour itself is canceled.
This tour can be ordered online here. Please call us at 1 800 724 7767 or (USA) 435 658 2227, or mail us for additional information.