English 中文 Français Deutsch Italiano 日本語 Português Русский Español|
CONTACT Toll free 1 800 724 7767 (USA) 435 658 2227 Email International phone numbers
Bryce Canyon Tour From Las Vegas, Plus Zion Tour
Tour scheduled to run on blue dates.
| ||Like almost all of our trips, this is a small group tour. The vehicle will generally take between nine and 14 guests. Our guides are very knowledgeable about the areas you travel through, as well as the geology, traditions and customs of the local people. Feel free to ask any and all questions!|
Day 1 - Las Vegas to St. George - 123 mi / 197.91 km - About 2 hours
|We will travel north up Interstate 15, leaving Las Vegas and its bright lights behind. You may be surprised to learn that Las Vegas is actually in the middle of a desert, which we come to as soon as we depart town. |
After passing through the small casino town of Mesquite, on the Nevada Arizona border, we cross into the desolate Arizona Strip, before heading up the Virgin River Gorge and into Utah. Much of the route is scenic, and we may stop briefly in the Gorge to take pictures. There will be a comfort stop at either the small southern Utah town of St. George, or the even smaller one of Hurricane.
Day 1 - St. George to Zion - 41 mi / 65.97 km - About 45 minutes
|The Interstate is left behind just outside St. George, at the turn off to the small town of Hurricane, as we travel through really picturesque scenery, and a number of tiny towns, on the way to Zion National Park.|
Day 1 - Zion to Bryce Canyon - 85 mi / 136.77 km - About 45 minutes
|We tour through Zion on the way to Bryce Canyon, taking a leisurely drive through the park, stopping frequently to take photographs and enjoy the scenery. Zion's story is one of rock and water, with plenty of both to be seen. The relatively soft and porous Navajo Sandstone is often layered over impregnable Kayenta Shale, and the interaction of this rock with the water has created myriad amazing shapes and patterns.|
The road goes past the Great Arch of Zion, which is a natural photo stop, before proceeding up a series of switchbacks and through an incredible tunnel that has been blasted into the rock. On the other side of the tunnel we will come across striking rock formations, with trees actually growing in the rocks, and see how massive sand dunes have been cemented into rock over the millennia. With any luck we may see some big horn sheep on the way.
We'll leave the park at the less traveled east exit, which most visitors don't even get to see.
| ||As we traveled through Zion we climbed up to the top of a plateau, and we'll now drop down a little, through the pygmy forests of southern Utah, prior to climbing up again to Bryce. The road to Bryce is a particularly scenic one, through picturesque, rural countryside, first next to the Virgin River, and then alongside the Sevier River.|
Bryce Canyon is situated at altitude, at over 8000 feet (almost 2500 metres), and it can be cold, even though Vegas and Zion are hot. Please check the weather forecast before you leave and bring appropriate clothing.
Day 1 - Bryce Canyon
| ||Many who have seen both Bryce Canyon and the Grand Canyon tell us that Bryce is far more spectacular. You will marvel at the weirdly shaped hoodoos, in an amazing array of colorful hues.|
Bryce is not really a canyon, but a large amphitheater carved out of a variety of rock types. People tell us they have had a spiritual experience when they gaze out over the hoodoos for the first time. You will wonder not only how they got there, but also what carved them into those mythical shapes, in assorted colors.
| ||You can take an easy stroll along the rim from Sunrise Point to Sunset Point. This is relatively flat, and provides amazing views! You will enjoy a sack lunch at Bryce.|
There are two other main areas we will visit at Bryce, both of which are even more spectacular than what you've seen already. These are the aptly named Inspiration Point and Bryce Point. Please be aware that Bryce is at a high elevation. You may become breathless if you are not used to the altitude, and you shouldn't try and overdo it.
On the way out of the park we will stop briefly at the Visitor Center, where you can buy souvenirs of your trip.
Day 1 - Bryce Canyon to Las Vegas - 265.95 mi / 427.91 km - About 4 hours, 15 minutes
|Departing from Bryce Canyon there is an optional stop at Red Canyon, a state park which we pass through on the way.|
We travel north across the Paunsaugunt Plateau, through the tiny town of Panguitch, and over a small mountain range, before picking up Interstate 15 going south. There will be a couple of stops on the way to Vegas, to enable you to stretch your legs, grab a bite to eat or use the restroom.
Drop offs take place on the Strip.
Day 1 - Sorry ... no cancellations accepted!
| ||Please note that no cancellations or changes will be accepted, and no refunds will be given.|
|Tour ID ||1156|
Please note the following...
- Payment And Cancellation Details: CANCELLATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS TOUR. Changes will also not be accepted, and refunds will not be given. Please consider purchasing trip insurance as our cancellation policy is strictly enforced. Your card will be charged within 12 hours of making the booking. The credit/debit card used must be in your name and must be present, so we can take an imprint. Please contact us if this is not possible. Please ensure you have the card you used with you. If the card is not in your name please let us know ahead of time, as our credit card authorization process will need to be completed.
- The name on your credit card statement will be USA Park Tours.
- Pick ups take place at most Strip properties. If you are staying elsewhere, please catch a bus or taxi and we'll reimburse you a maximum of $10 against the receipt.
- The tour departs at about 6 a.m. and lasts about 13 hours.
- The tour runs every day. Depending on when you book, at quieter times of the year we may need a five person minimum. That is not five in your group but a total of five.
- The vehicles we use are mini buses or vans with individual, high back, reclining seats.
- The entry fees to both parks are included
- A sack lunch is included.
- After ordering please wait for our email confirmation prior to making arrangements that are dependent on this tour.
- We are not responsible if bad weather, road closures, traffic or other factors beyond our control result in parts of either park not being seen.
- All times are approximate. We are not responsible for the consequences of any delays, and this itinerary may change without notice.
- There are no taxes.
- Bad weather, dangerous conditions or factors beyond our control may result in the cancellation or postponement of this tour. Should this occur, the only amount we will refund is the actual cost of the tour.
- There is no hiking on this tour, but you will have ample opportunity to walk around and see the sights.
- If you intend doing any walking around, we recommend that you bring a good pair of walking shoes with you, with ankle supports.
This tour can be ordered online here. Please call us at 1 800 724 7767 or (USA) 435 658 2227, or mail us for additional information.