English 中文 Français Deutsch Italiano 日本語 Português Русский Español|
CONTACT Toll free 1 800 724 7767 (USA) 435 658 2227 Email International phone numbers
Grand Teton And Jackson Hole Tour
Tour scheduled to run on blue dates.
Day 1 - Grand Teton Jackson - About 10 hours
|After picking you up at your hotel, we will drive through the southern part of Yellowstone on the way to Grand Teton National Park. We'll go past the Lower, Midway and Upper Geyser Basins, and cross over the Continental Divide. At West Thumb we'll head south, towards Yellowstone's south entrance.|
| ||The road between Yellowstone and Grand Teton is called the Rockefeller Parkway. It is only six miles and leads directly into the north entrance of Grand Teton. The main features of the park are the Grand Teton mountains, and a number of beautiful lakes.|
You will see historic Colter Bay, Signal Mountain, Jenny Lake, Jackson Lake, Mount Moran, and much more. We also know the best places to find moose, and we will do our best to locate one or more for you.
You will take a leisurely drive through Grand Teton National Park, before arriving in Jackson. A sack lunch is provided today, which you can enjoy somewhere on the road.
| ||Jackson is a quaint, touristy western town, and there will be a brief stop there.|
| ||From Jackson we'll travel up to the top of the towering Teton Pass, before dropping down the other side into Idaho. We'll wind our way through really scenic Idaho farm country and tiny towns, before arriving in Ashton, the seed potato capital of the world.|
There we'll pick up the Mesa Falls Scenic Byway, which travels along Henry's Fork of the Snake River. You can stand nearby and enjoy the cool mist rising from Upper Mesa Falls, the last undisturbed waterfall in the Columbia River System and perhaps one of the last in the USA.
Much of the byway lies within the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. As you approach the northern end of the byway, you'll enter Osborne Meadows, a haven for moose, deer and elk. This large meadow attracts the kinds of animals that make Yellowstone famous without pulling in the same kinds of crowds.
From Mesa Falls it is a scenic drive back to West Yellowstone, through Island Park, which calls itself the longest Main Street in America. Please be aware that there are occasions when we return to West Yellowstone through Grand Teton and Yellowstone instead.
|Tour ID ||1173|
Please note the following...
- The dates this tour runs can be seen in the calendar at the top right of this page.
- This tour includes lunch.
- Park entry is not included.
- Pick ups take place at all in-town West Yellowstone properties, starting at about 7.15 a.m.
- You will get back at about 5.15 p.m.
- All times are approximate and we are not responsible for the consequences of a late arrival back into West Yellowstone. The itinerary is subject to change.
- Portions of this tour may, at our discretion, be sub contracted to other reputable vendors.
- Payment and cancellation policy: Your credit card will be charged within 14 days of travel. You may cancel this tour any time up until 14 days prior to travel for a full refund. After that time cancellations will not be accepted and you will be charged in full. Our cancellation policy is strictly enforced and we strongly suggest you consider purchasing trip insurance.
This tour can be ordered online here. Please call us at 1 800 724 7767 or (USA) 435 658 2227, or mail us for additional information.