English 中文 Français Deutsch Italiano 日本語 Português Русский Español|
CONTACT Toll free 1 800 724 7767 (USA) 435 658 2227 Email International phone numbers
Los Angeles Direct To Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Horseshoe Bend, Antelope Canyon, Las Vegas Two Day Tour
Tour scheduled to run on blue dates.
Day 1 - Los Angeles to the Grand Canyon - About six hours
| ||This tour starts at the Los Angeles airport, from where you will fly to northern Arizona. The cost of this flight is included in the tour price, but there will be a checked luggage fee, which you will need to pay. After landing, you will take a shuttle to the Grand Canyon, where you will meet up with one of our guides. The portion of the trip from LA to the Grand Canyon is unescorted, which means you will not have a tour guide with you until you get to the Grand Canyon.|
| ||Like almost all our tours, this is a small group trip. The vehicle used generally has between nine and 14 seats. Our guides are skilled in the geology, customs, traditions, history and people of the areas through which you travel – feel free to ask all and any questions!|
Day 1 - Spend longer on this Grand Canyon tour from Los Angeles!
Day 1 - Grand Canyon to Page - 139 mi / 223.65 km - About 5 hours, 30 minutes
|At the Grand Canyon we will take you to several of the main viewpoints, including Mather Point and Bright Angel. Your skilled guide will give you an overview of the layout of the South Rim, and then leave you on your own to explore for a while. You can stroll around the Canyon, take pictures, admire the views, buy souvenirs, or get something to eat.|
Day 1 - Spend more time at the Grand Canyon!
| ||You can now extend your stay at the Grand Canyon. Instead of leaving the Canyon now and continuing your tour, you can spend as many extra nights there as you like. When you order the tour, you will see an option to add extra time at the Grand Canyon. Simply add as many additional nights as you want to stay there. Note that we will charge your card for the extra night(s) at the time we make the Grand Canyon hotel booking for you.|
The way it works is that you will be taken out to the Grand Canyon, be shown some of the sights, and you will then check into your hotel. We always try and reserve a room at Bright Angel Lodge, which is at the rim. Depending on how late you book, this is often not possible, and we may book you at either Maswik Lodge, which is about a quarter mile (0.4 km) from the rim, or Yavapai Lodge, which is less than half a mile (0.75 km) from the rim, on the free shuttle route.
You will be at liberty to explore the Canyon on your own for the extra time that you choose. Please note that there will not be a tour guide with you for the extra night. The extended Grand Canyon stay is subject to lodging availability in the park. We will check this once the order has been placed.
Please also be aware that if the helicopter tour option is available on your tour, and you order it and extend, on some days you will need to take a taxi from the Grand Canyon to the Grand Canyon airport. We can help you arrange it, and we will pick you up after your helicopter tour, and take you back into the park.
The rest of the group will continue on their way through the Canyon to Page. If you extend, you will be picked up by one of our guides after your extended stay. The tour carries on as detailed below for those who are not spending a night or two at the Grand Canyon.
Grand View Point And The East Side Of The South Rim
| ||You are on your own for dinner. Remember that tomorrow morning there is a free breakfast included in the tour price.|
Day 2 - Antelope Canyon tour - About 1 1/2 hours
| ||You will be touring Antelope Canyon, in a specially converted off road vehicle, led by a Navajo guide.|
Antelope Canyon is one of the most striking slot canyons known to man. A slot canyon is a narrow canyon sliced through a mesa by the forces of nature. Some canyons measure less than a yard across at the top, but drop a hundred feet or more from the rim to the bottom. Slots are cut and scoured by water and wind, with the striations of the sandstone becoming almost incandescent.
Day 2 - Antelope Canyon
| ||From within you will see a palette of colors transmuted by light filtering down from above and bouncing from wall to wall. Antelope Canyon can only be visited using the services of an authorized Navajo Nation guide.|
Day 2 - Page to Bryce Canyon - 154 mi / 247.79 km - About three hours
|Leaving Page we will drive over the Glen Canyon Dam Wall. A short distance up the road is a little known trail which leads to spectacular views over Lake Powell. Time permitting, we will drive up there to take a very brief look at the spectacular golden canyons partially submerged under the blue waters of Lake Powell.|
The road to the small town of Kanab leads past Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument. Kanab itself has been the setting for many western movies. From Kanab we will travel along a picturesque Utah back road, through some tiny towns, before arriving at Bryce Canyon.
Day 2 - Bryce Canyon - About 2.5 hours
| ||Many who have seen both Bryce Canyon and the Grand Canyon tell us that Bryce is far more spectacular. You will marvel at the weirdly shaped hoodoos, in an amazing array of colorful hues. Bryce is not really a canyon, but a large amphitheater carved out of a variety of rock types. You will be taken to the three main overlooks, and will have time to walk around and explore these.|
Day 2 - Spend additional time at Bryce Canyon!
| ||Feel free to spend an extra night or two just outside Bryce Canyon, at Bryce View Lodge. Please order this option when you check out, and note that it is subject to availability. If you do choose to extend at Bryce Canyon, you will continue with the regular tour after your extension.|
There is a free shuttle that runs from a location that is a couple of hundred yards from Bryce View Lodge, into the park and around much of Bryce. Please be aware that this is a seasonal shuttle, which generally runs from the end of April to the end of September, although this is subject to change. We do not recommend extending at Bryce if the free shuttle is not running, as it will be difficult to get around.
You will carry on with the scheduled tour if you do not want to stay a little longer at Bryce.
Day 2 - Bryce Canyon through Zion - 88 mi / 141.59 km - About 2 3/4 hours
| ||We will take a particularly scenic Utah back road, following first the Sevier River and then the Virgin River, towards Zion National Park. Zion's story is one of rock and water, with plenty of both to be seen. The relatively soft and porous Navajo Sandstone is often layered over impregnable Kayenta Shale, and the interaction of this rock with the water has created myriad amazing shapes and patterns. |
We will enter Zion at the less used east entrance, and take in the striking rock formations, with trees actually growing in the rocks. You will see how massive sand dunes have solidified into rock over the millennia. After traveling through an amazing tunnel that was blasted into the Navajo sandstone almost a century ago, we descend down a precipitous switchback road, to discover the Great Arch of Zion, a gigantic work in progress.
Day 2 - Spend more time at Zion!
|You can now extend your tour by spending a night or two in Springdale, which is literally right outside Zion. There is a free shuttle system that will take you into the park. You can order this Zion extension when you check out, although we do not recommend extending at Zion unless the shuttle is running, which is generally from the middle of March to the third week of October. If you extend at Zion, you will carry on with the rest of the tour the next day. |
The trip continues as normal for those who are not extending at Zion.
Day 2 - Zion to St. George - 41 mi / 65.97 km - About 45 minutes
|From Zion we will wind our way to Interstate 15 and the main road back to Vegas, which goes through St. George.|
Day 2 - St. George to Las Vegas - 123 mi / 197.91 km - About two hours
|Leaving St. George, we travel down the picturesque Virgin River Gorge. We will pass through Mesquite, a casino town on the Arizona Nevada border, before driving across the desert and back to the bright lights of Las Vegas.|
Day 2 - Fly back to LA tonight!
| ||If you prefer, you can now fly to Los Angeles, instead of ending the tour in Vegas. Please order this option when you check out. If you decide to fly to Los Angeles at the end of this tour, your tour will end at the Los Angeles airport.|
Please note that the price quoted for this option assumes that you book sufficiently far in advance. If you do not, or if it is a holiday, convention or other busy time in Vegas, the price may be higher. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays are often $10 to $25 more expensive. We will always let you know ahead of time if that is the case, before charging your card. Note that we use an airline that does not charge a checked luggage fee.
|Available Options ||Flight from Las Vegas to Los Angeles: +$88.00|
|Extend Your Stay ||You have the option of extending your stay at certain locations during the tour.|
Grand Canyon: +$125.00 per guest, per night
Bryce Canyon: +$100.00 per guest, per night
Zion: +$95.00 per guest, per night
|Tour ID ||1294|
Please note the following...
- The days and dates this tour operates can be seen in the calendar at the top right of this page.
- The entry fees to all parks are included.
- The off road tour at Antelope Canyon is included.
- One night's accommodation is included at the Quality Inn or similar in Page.
- Prices are based on double occupancy. Single, triple and quad occupancy rates are also available and will be seen at checkout. There is no tax. The price assumes you book with enough notice. The flight price may be more expensive if you do not.
- After ordering this tour please wait to receive a confirmation email from us before making any plans that are dependent on this tour.
- All times are approximate. We are not responsible for the consequences of any delays, and this itinerary may change without notice.
- We are also not responsible if flight delays cause you to miss part of this tour. If that happens all we will refund is the cost of the portion of the tour that you missed.
- Depending on the time of the year, there may be a short wait in northern Arizona.
- The price includes the services of a guide/driver and transportation.
- Vehicles are mini buses or executive vans, which are vans with individual, high back, reclining seats, with the exception of the route between the northern Arizona airport and the Grand Canyon, which may be operated by a supplier in a different vehicle.
- If you extend your tour by staying a night at the Grand Canyon, you will generally be dropped off at Maswik Lodge, inside the Grand Canyon. If you are staying at one of the other two lodges, Bright Angel or Yavapai, you will need to take the free shuttle from Maswik to the lodge at which you are staying. The shuttles run approximately every 15 minutes, and the distance is about 1/3 of a mile. You will be picked up from your lodge the next day.
- If you extend your stay at Zion, at the end of your extension, on some days you may travel by pre-paid taxi to St. George, where you will take a shuttle to the Las Vegas airport, where the tour will end. There will be a short wait from the taxi drop off to the time the shuttle departs.
- One breakfast is the only meal included.
- Portions of this tour may be subcontracted to other reputable vendors.
- A minimum of two people may be required for a tour to depart. That is not two in your group, but a total of two.
- This tour starts at the Los Angeles airport. Please let us know if we can book you a shuttle there.
- This tour drops off at most Las Vegas Strip hotels.
- Please note that in the winter months snow or other bad weather may result in tour itineraries being changed without notice, or even tours being canceled in extreme weather. Should a cancellation occur the only amount we will refund is the cost of the portion of the tour that is canceled, or a refund of the entire tour price if the tour itself is canceled.
- Payment And Cancellation Details: This tour has an air leg. An amount equivalent to the cost of the flight will be charged to your card at the time we make the air booking. Half the remaining balance will be charged 45 days from the tour date, and the other half will be charged 10 or fewer days from the tour date. Once we have started work on booking the air leg we will not under any circumstances accept a cancellation. Please consider purchasing trip insurance as our cancellation policy is strictly enforced, irrespective of the reason for canceling.
This tour can be ordered online here. Please call us at 1 800 724 7767 or (USA) 435 658 2227, or mail us for additional information.