English 中文 Français Deutsch Italiano 日本語 Português Русский Español|
CONTACT Toll free 1 800 724 7767 (USA) 435 658 2227 Email International phone numbers
Death Valley Tour
Tour scheduled to run on blue dates.
|Price ||$275.00 per person
All prices are in US currency.
|Highlights ||Visit one of the hottest places on earth|
Lowest and driest location in the USA
At 160 miles (258 kilometres) from Las Vegas, Death Valley is a lot closer to Vegas than the Grand Canyon
Scroll down for the tour itinerary, or click here.
Day 1 - Las Vegas to Death Valley (1 day) - 160 mi / 257.44 km - About 2 3/4 hours
|The tour route heads in a generally westerly direction, as we leave the bright lights of Sin City behind.|
You may be surprised to learn that Las Vegas is actually in the middle of a desert, which we come to as soon as we depart town. After climbing up and down a small mountain, and traveling through the desert, we arrive at the town of Pahrump, where brothels are legal! From there we carry on to Shoshone, which is located at the south east entrance of Death Valley.
Day 1 - Death Valley - About four hours
| ||Death Valley is the lowest, hottest and driest part of North America. The route we take through the park may vary from tour to tour, depending on the time of the year and our guests, but it will be something like the following.|
There are photo opportunities almost from the time we enter the park. The first major point of interest is Badwater, but on the way we will stop at an old abandoned mine. Badwater, which is about 280 feet below sea level, is the lowest point in the country. There are once again some great pictures to be taken. Remember to turn around and look at the cliffs behind you. You will see "sea level" marked on the rock face high above!
From there we continue north and may turn off the main road along Artist's Drive, to check out the rock colors and shapes.
At Furnace Creek we will detour to Zabriskie Point, to take in the beautiful rock formations, and after strolling up to the top we will drive back towards Furnace Creek, where the elevation once again drops to sea level and below.
| ||We will stop at Furnace Creek for a while, at the Visitor Center and gift shop, to allow you to do some shopping and perhaps buy a snack. From there the tour pases Devils Cornfields and an impressive cluster of sand dunes, before turning around.|
At this stage we can either head further north, towards Scotty's Castle and Ubehebe Crater, or take another way out of the park, climbing up over the mountains and stopping at Rhyolite, an abandoned mine. Whichever way we go there will be more photo opportunities and scenery along the way.
Day 1 - Death Valley to Las Vegas - 135 mi / 217.22 km - About 2 hours, 15 minutes
|It's now time to return to Las Vegas.|
|Tour ID ||1160|
Please note the following...
- The days and dates this tour operates can be seen in the calendar at the top right of this page.
- The entry fee to Death Valley is included.
- Pick ups and drop offs take place at most Strip properties.
- This tour may require a minimum of four people to depart. That means four altogether and not four in your group.
- No meals are included, but there are opportunities to buy food along the way.
- After ordering this tour please wait to receive a confirmation email from us before making any plans that are dependent on this tour.
- All times are approximate. We are not responsible for the consequences of any delays, and this itinerary may change without notice.
- The price includes the services of a guide/driver and transportation.
- Vehicles are mini buses or executive vans, which are vans with individual, high back, reclining seats.
- Payment And Cancellation Details: The cost of this tour will be charged to your card any time from 14 days prior to travel. Cancellations will not be accepted within 15 days of travel and the entire amount will be charged to your card. Our cancellation policy is strictly enforced and we strongly suggest you consider purchasing trip insurance.
This tour can be ordered online here. Please call us at 1 800 724 7767 or (USA) 435 658 2227, or mail us for additional information.