English 中文 Français Deutsch Italiano 日本語 Português Русский Español|
CONTACT Toll free 1 800 724 7767 (USA) 435 658 2227 Email International phone numbers
One Day Bryce Canyon And Zion Tour From Salt Lake City To Las Vegas
Tour doesn't run this month.
Day 1 - Flight from Salt Lake City - About 1 hours, 15 minutes
| ||This tour starts at the Salt Lake City airport, from where you will take a flight (included in the tour price) to southern Utah. After you land, one of our guides will pick you up to take you on your tour of Zion and Bryce Canyon. Depending on your date, when you book, and our schedule for that day, you may have a wait at the airport of about an hour before you are picked up.|
This is a small group tour, and we will make our way up the freeway for a few miles after leaving the airport.
|Please be aware that the airline we use charges a checked luggage fee which you will need to pay.|
Day 1 - St. George to Zion - 41 mi / 65.97 km - About 45 minutes
|The Interstate is left behind just outside St. George, at the turn off to the small town of Hurricane, as we travel through really picturesque scenery, and a number of tiny towns, on the way to Zion National Park.|
Day 1 - Zion to Bryce Canyon - 85 mi / 136.77 km - About 45 minutes
|We tour through Zion on the way to Bryce Canyon, taking a leisurely drive through the park, stopping frequently to take photographs and enjoy the scenery. Zion's story is one of rock and water, with plenty of both to be seen. The relatively soft and porous Navajo Sandstone is often layered over impregnable Kayenta Shale, and the interaction of this rock with the water has created myriad amazing shapes and patterns.|
The road goes past the Great Arch of Zion, which is a natural photo stop, before proceeding up a series of switchbacks and through an incredible tunnel that has been blasted into the rock. On the other side of the tunnel we will come across striking rock formations, with trees actually growing in the rocks, and see how massive sand dunes have been cemented into rock over the millennia. With any luck we may see some big horn sheep on the way.
We'll leave the park at the less traveled east exit, which most visitors don't even get to see.
| ||As we traveled through Zion we climbed up to the top of a plateau, and we'll now drop down a little, through the pygmy forests of southern Utah, prior to climbing up again to Bryce. The road to Bryce is a particularly scenic one, through picturesque, rural countryside, first next to the Virgin River, and then alongside the Sevier River.|
Bryce Canyon is situated at altitude, at over 8000 feet (almost 2500 metres), and it can be cold, even though Vegas and Zion are hot. Please check the weather forecast before you leave and bring appropriate clothing.
Day 1 - Bryce Canyon
| ||Many who have seen both Bryce Canyon and the Grand Canyon tell us that Bryce is far more spectacular. You will marvel at the weirdly shaped hoodoos, in an amazing array of colorful hues.|
Bryce is not really a canyon, but a large amphitheater carved out of a variety of rock types. People tell us they have had a spiritual experience when they gaze out over the hoodoos for the first time. You will wonder not only how they got there, but also what carved them into those mythical shapes, in assorted colors.
| ||You can take an easy stroll along the rim from Sunrise Point to Sunset Point. This is relatively flat, and provides amazing views! You will enjoy a sack lunch at Bryce.|
There are two other main areas we will visit at Bryce, both of which are even more spectacular than what you've seen already. These are the aptly named Inspiration Point and Bryce Point. Please be aware that Bryce is at a high elevation. You may become breathless if you are not used to the altitude, and you shouldn't try and overdo it.
On the way out of the park we will stop briefly at the Visitor Center, where you can buy souvenirs of your trip.
Day 1 - Bryce Canyon to Las Vegas - 265.95 mi / 427.91 km - About 4 hours, 15 minutes
|Departing from Bryce Canyon there is an optional stop at Red Canyon, a state park which we pass through on the way.|
We travel north across the Paunsaugunt Plateau, through the tiny town of Panguitch, and over a small mountain range, before picking up Interstate 15 going south. There will be a couple of stops on the way to Vegas, to enable you to stretch your legs, grab a bite to eat or use the restroom.
Drop offs take place on the Strip.
|Tour ID ||1270|
Please note the following...
- The tour calendar can be seen at the top right of the page.
- This tour starts at the Salt Lake City airport.
- It drops off at major Las Vegas Strip hotels.
- If you book this tour late, it may cost more as a result of higher flight prices. If that is the case we will always ask if you want to proceed prior to charging your card.
- Depending on when you book, at quiet times of the year we may need a five person minimum. That is not five in your group but a total of five.
- The vehicles we use are mini buses or vans with individual, high back, reclining seats.
- The entry fees to both parks are included
- A sack lunch is included.
- After ordering please wait for our email confirmation prior to making arrangements that are dependent on this tour.
- We are not responsible if bad weather, road closures, traffic or other factors beyond our control result in parts of either park not being seen.
- All times are approximate. We are not responsible for the consequences of any delays, and this itinerary may change without notice.
- There are no taxes.
- Bad weather, dangerous conditions or factors beyond our control may result in the cancellation or postponement of this tour. Should this occur, the only amount we will refund is the actual cost of the tour.
- If you intend doing any walking around, we recommend that you bring a good pair of walking shoes with you, with ankle supports.
- Payment And Cancellation Details: The credit/debit card used must be in your name and must be present, so we can take an imprint. Please contact us if this is not possible. Once the air portion of this tour has been booked we will not under any circumstances accept a cancellation, and you will be sent an email asking you to confirm your acceptance of this. An amount equal to the cost of the flights will be charged to your card once you have accepted the no cancel policy in the email. Half the remaining balance of the cost of the tour will be charged to your card any time from 45 days prior to the start of the tour. The remaining portion will be charged any time from 10 days prior to the start of the tour. Please note that our cancellation policy is strictly enforced, regardless of the reason for the cancellation. We strongly urge you to consider purchasing trip insurance.
This tour can be ordered online here. Please call us at 1 800 724 7767 or (USA) 435 658 2227, or mail us for additional information.