English 中文 Français Deutsch Italiano 日本語 Português Русский Español|
CONTACT Toll free 1 800 724 7767 (USA) 435 658 2227 Email International phone numbers
Antelope Canyon Tour From Page/Lake Powell
Tour scheduled to run on blue dates.
Day 1 - Antelope Canyon tour - About 1 1/2 hours
| ||Antelope Canyon can only be visited using the services of an authorized Navajo Nation guide, and you will have an authentic, experienced Navajo as your guide through the canyon. Antelope Canyon is essentially a spectacular petrified sand dune, created by wind, water and sand, presenting a sculptured masterpiece. |
Trips are about 1 1/2 hours long, and leave from Page, on the shores of Lake Powell. You will travel to the canyon entrance in a specially converted four wheel drive vehicle. From there, you walk into the Canyon. You will be at the bottom of the Canyon looking up to the top. There is no hiking or climbing involved, but only easy walking on the canyon floor which is mostly level. You will have about 50 minutes to explore, take pictures and assimilate the experience.
| ||Antelope Canyon is one of the most striking slot canyons known to man. A slot canyon is a narrow canyon sliced through a mesa by the forces of nature. Some canyons measure less than a yard across at the top, but drop a hundred feet or more from the rim to the bottom. Slots are cut and scoured by water and wind, with the striations of the sandstone becoming almost incandescent. From within you will see a palette of colors transmuted by light filtering down from above and bouncing from wall to wall.|
Your Navajo guide, while not an expert photographer, will be happy to show you a few tips to get better pictures. We suggest you take along a sturdy tripod, and cable release for your camera if you intend making timed exposures. Plenty of memory or film is a must! At the end of your visit you will be taken back to Page.
|Tour ID ||1158|
Please note the following...
- Departure times: 7 a.m., 8 a.m., 9.30 a.m., 11.30 a.m., 1.30 p.m., 3.30 p.m., 4.30 p.m. The 7 a.m., 3.30 p.m. and 4.30 p.m. are subject to light availability in the winter months. Please note your preferred time in the comments section.
- The rate for children from eight to 12 is $23. Children ages six and seven are $17. There is no charge for children five or younger. Please note in the comments section if there are any children,as well as their ages.
- The price includes taxes and Navajo Nation fees.
- You will be away from Page for approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Payment and cancellation policies: Your card will be charged shortly after you make the booking. You can cancel any time up to eight days prior to the tour for a full refund. After that time cancellations will not be accepted. Please consider purchasing trip insurance as our cancellation policy is strictly enforced.
This tour can be ordered online here. Please call us at 1 800 724 7767 or (USA) 435 658 2227, or mail us for additional information.